Tuesday 22 November 2011

BOBBI BROWN RED LIPSTICK | REVIEW


I recently bought a Bobbi Brown Lipstick and I thought I would do a short review for you:

The Basics: I purchased this in the House Of Fraser, Bristol Cabot Circus shop. The price was £18, but there was a 10% discount that day which was brilliant! The colour has such a simple name: Red. The number is 10. Bobbi Brown class this as 'A Fire Engine Red', but I would have to disagree and say it was a little bit darker. The picture below does not really do justice on how beautiful the colour is, so I apoligise for the picture quality. 

What Bobbi Brown claims: This creamy, semi-matte lipstick gives lips instant polish with rich, full coverage. 
 
Suprisingly I would have to agree with this statement.
It gives a thick coverage which covers every last space of lips, even the inside of your mouth (I always find this a huge problem as I can be wearing a bright colour which looks perfect, but when I speak the inside looks bare and stupid!)
It lasts for a few hours, although eating and drinking usually rubs it off.
This is quite a strange positive but it is a fairly strong lipstick (Meaning it will not snap easily). I have had a lot of lippys in the past break and it is very irritating as it ruins them. The stick is also very long which means it will last a long time. The price is expensive so at least you won't have to keep buying them frequently.

However I do have a few disagreements and negatives to share. I would have say that the semi- matte part is untrue as I class this as shiny and wet looking (That is not negative comment).
There is nothing I hate more than to have a lipstick which drys your lips. If this happens then I have to put lipgloss on top which completely ruins the whole matte lipstick idea. With this lipstick, I found it is fairly drying at the start but when you lick your lips and rub them together a few times, it becomes more suculent and juicy. Another huge problem for me is the smell of the lippy. It is very over powering and has a fousty odor to it: I really do hate it! Most of the Bobbi Brown lipsticks smell like this which is a downfall, and even the taste is nasty too. If you have Bobbi Brown lipsticks then do you agree or is it just me?

For me, this vibrant lipstick is by far the best RED lipstick I have tried as not only is the thick, creamy coverage excellent, the fact it is longlasting is brilliant too. Although the price is expensive I would say it is worth it for the high quality. It may not be for everyone, but I really do like it. However, next time I will probably stick to my cheap Rimmel London or Natural Collection lipsticks as they are still pretty good quality.

Coverage: 4/5
Price: 2.5/5
Quality: 4/5
Texture: 3.5/5
Smell: 1/5
Longvity: 4/5
Application: 5/5

3 comments:

  1. It looks really lovely!

    http://www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The red color is so vibrant! It looks really pretty with your skin tone.

    sending you happy spells
    hope to hear from you..x
    amyflyingakite.com

    ReplyDelete