If you have been following my blog for a while then you will know that I have extremely bad troubles with eyeliner. Not a lot of people seem to realise that any eyeliner will NOT stay on me well; it seems to smudge all underneath my eye and make me have panda eyes. I am constantly in the mirror wiping away the black which takes off all my concealer so I have big puffy eyes. I have started to move away from the cheaper Boots and Superdrug brands as I find they are no good on me, and I am now trying places like Mac and Bobbi Brown. I still have my BB gel liner to review so hold your horses!
After trying my Bobbi Brown Gel eyeliner, I found it great, however it was hard to apply. So I decided to try a kohl eyeliner as I always find them easy to use.
I find that I tend to ramble in my makeup reviews so I will make this nice and simple -
- It is extremely easy to apply as it is a wind up so there are no messy or inconvenient sharpenings. Also, if you twist it up too far then you can turn it back down again which is very useful. (I don't know why but I always want to twist it all the way up when I get one - I am such a child!)
- The colour is very black and pigmented. I find that some eyeliners come out grey and non-visible, but that is not the case with this on.
- It doesn't smudge - I put a Natural Collection powder on top and it stays for about 4-5 hours which is great.
- It is easy to remove - I just use normal wipes or take it off in the shower and it comes off easily.
- I only use it on my waterline and I find I can use it to make my eyes look either dramatic or natural depending on the thickness of the line.
- There are 10 colours to choose from so there is a fantastic variety; I use Graphblack as it is a normal and dark colour.
- I find that with some eyeliners it takes ages to dry, but this is dries quickly for a long wearing finish.
- It claims to be completely smudgeproof and waterproof so I am quite disappointed as without my Natural collection powder is did smudge quite a lot and run down my face. However I feel that it is easily fixed and prevented.
- The price itself, £14 is a lot of money to be spent on just an eyeliner which I believe isn't as good as some of my other ones. I still will continue to use it every day and repurchase, but not particularly worth the money. But to be fair, it is Mac so what do you expect?
Have you tried this Mac Technakohl Eyeliner - if so that what are your views on this product?